Learn how to install and use WhatsApp on your iPad, iPad Mini, or iPad Air. Natively, WhatsApp is not available for the iPad. Luckily, there’s an easy workaround to get WhatsApp for your iPad (all gens). This installation does not require a jailbreak or any modifications to the device.
What you will need:
- iFunBox for Mac | Windows (direct link from the publisher)
- WhatsApp Installation File (.IPA file)
- An iPhone (4/4S/5/5C/5S)
How-to Get the WhatsApp .IPA File
1. Open iTunes on your computer and go the iTunes Store.
2. Search for and download WhatsApp
3. For Macs: Obtain the .IPA file in Finder here: Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Mobile Applications/WhatsApp ###.ipa
For Windows: Obtain the .IPA file here: Libraries/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Mobile Applications/WhatsApp ###.ipa
Install WhatsApp to the iPad
1. On the iPhone, install WhatsApp (delete the app and reinstall it if it was previously installed)
2. On the iPhone, open WhatsApp and register the phone number to use on the iPad (This step will require verification from WhatsApp)
3. Connect the iPhone to the computer and open iFunBox
4. Click on “User Application” and open “WhatsApp”
5. Copy the “Document” and “Library” folders to your desktop by highlighting the folders and dragging them to the desktop
6. Disconnect the iPhone and connect the iPad to the computer
7. Open iFunBox and click the “Install App” button
8. Navigate to the WhatsApp installation file (.IPA file) and click “Open”
9. After the installation is complete, click on “User Application” and open “WhatsApp”
10. Replace the “Document” and “Library” folders in iFunBox with the folders from the desktop (from step 5)
That’s it! WhatsApp will now be fully functional on the iPad. If you are having trouble installing WhatsApp to your iPad, please refer to the FAQ section.